- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 3-4 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add fresh basil leaves, cashews, garlic-infused olive oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast flakes, salt, and pepper to a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until forms a paste-like consistency.
- If a little dry, add a little extra olive oil
- Make zucchini noodles using a spiraliser. If you don’t have a spiraliser you can use a mandoline.
- Chop up kale, spring onion or any other vegetables you wish to add to your zoodles dish.
- If using chicken in the recipe, chop into small chunks and add chicken to a pan over medium to high heat, frying in unrefined coconut oil, until chicken is cooked through and browned. (omit this step for vegan)
- Add in the veg and fry for a couple of minutes, add frozen peas. followed by the zoodles. Add basil pesto into the pan and stir all ingredients together until well combined.
- It is now ready to serve.
** Basil pesto can be used as a dip with crackers, can be used in salads, pasta dishes or used with eggs and smoked salmon. Pesto will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days or can be placed in the freezer and thawed before using.