- 3 cups rolled oats or gluten free oats if needed. (as oats are naturally gluten free many people do okay with oats, but as they can often be contaminated with gluten, this is where some individuals can be aggravated by oats and may need to find a gluten free option)
- 20 almonds chopped in half
- 20 macadamia chopped in half
- 3 tablespoons pepitas
- 1 cup of shredded desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons sultanas (if not requiring low fodmap) and/or dried cranberries
- cacao nibs (optional)
- 2 x teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Use a medium sized bowl to mix and combine all the above dry ingredients together
- On the stove top in a saucepan heat the rice malt syrup and coconut oil and stir until melts to a liquid.
- Pour liquid mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until muesli is coated.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray and pour in the muesli mixture spreading evenly across the tray.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes and cook until is golden brown.
- Serve granola with coconut natural or vanilla coconut yoghurt and berries.
Just takes 35 minutes to make. Prepare in advance and store granola in an glass airtight container to use as a great quick, easy and nutritious busy mum morning breakfast that will keep the whole family happy. 🙂
Makes 6 serves.
If you like this recipe leave a comment below, rate it! Take a photo of the granola you made and tag me on social at FB: nutritiousvitality or Insta: sarah_holisticnutritionist